Like your boyfriend who says he needs some ‘time apart’, Summer is already half gone baby! So let’s make the most of the time we have left with this mighty fine weather. Here’s a little checklist I’ve put together for all the things you MUST do (you have no choice in the matter, so deal) before summer is OH-VEE-EEE-ARRRR. So get busy summering!
- Get your mouth an Acai bowl and bask in how damn refreshing it is. ARGO is a good place to start.
- Cuddle up with bae at the Moonlight Cinema. Back to the Future is screening on 30th Jan and GREAT SCOTT, that’s going to be a good time.
- Scuba diving and snorkelling are SO 2014. Try out the latest underwater craze called SNUBA.
- Summer never happened if you didn’t get at least five beach walks in. Get your sneaks on.
- You also have to fit in a few bites by the beach. Check out my latest review on Acacia, the newest cafe addition to the Henley hood.
- Another beach requirement – flick through some fiction whilst wiggling your toes in the sand. I just finished The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and it made me a bit sad. Good read though!
- Get your nails done in an obscenely summery hue. Coral, might I suggest?
- Buy a new statement hat. Ya’ll going to be spending all this time on the beach so you gotta be sun smart. I’m loving my new brim from Lack Of Colour.
- Master a summer cocktail and enjoy it in the back yard! Who are we kidding? Just buy the stuff to whip up an Aperol Spritz or twelve.
- And why not invite some mates around to enjoy a cocktail along with a snag on the barbie? Yes, throw a BBQ is what sayin’!
- This season is all about the wrap dress daaarling and I’ve just had a blow out on this stunner from Realisation Par. Note: make sure the dress matches your new hat.
- Head to a pop-up summer bar and enjoy it while you still can.
- Nothing screams childhood ecstasy like a fairy floss Zooper Dooper. Buy yourself a bag immediately.
- Why not go for a little day trip and indulge in a long-ass winery lunch? I recently went to Longview Vineyard for a Sunday lunch and it was ahhhmazing.
- Stand Up paddle boarding is a great time. Or better yet, head down to Seacliff and double the difficulty with a Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga class. How does that even exist!?
- Speaking of yoga, take the chance to hit up a class which takes place in the open air. Here might be a good place to start.
What’s on your summer bucket list? I’d love to hear about them in the comment section below.
Until next time…That’s what she said.