- The Anti-Cool Girl by Rosie Waterland – Currently reading (and loving!) this novel by Aussie gal Rosie Waterland. A gritty memoir of Rosie’s childhood with substance addicted parents, right through to her own issues with depression and eating disorders. Surprisingly giggle inducing given the tough content and I’m now convinced her new stand-up show must be a total riot. *BRB purchasing tickets.*
- Vampire Diaries – I know, SO late to the party on this one but can we just take a minute to appreciate Stephan’s bold and beautiful brows? The things I would do for those arches. Despite the show being about as cheesy as a quarto cheese pizza I really can’t go past the sultry darkness of a vamp tale. Plus e’rrry ep is up on Netflix!
- Cooking – Currently a kitchen maniac, cooking every edible object in sight. I have actually noticed how much my cooking skills have improved lately, so it’s definitely worth the effort! Favourite recipe of the hour is this Green Tea Roasted Salmon with Ginger Rice and Sunshine Salad from my ol’ faithful, Jamie Oliver’s Everyday Superfood. Certified banger of a cookbook.
- Indoor Plants – Officially the proudest plant parent going around. I purchased a new Snake Plant for the bathroom and I’m loving all this greenery livening up the joint! Crossing my fingers so hard that I don’t kill them – with planticide comes great guilt.
- Ctrl Alt Delete Podcast – Emma Gannon is basically nailing the whole ‘creative extraordinaire’ bit and I spend at least 30 minutes a day imagining I’m her. #creeperalert. This girl has a successful blog, a busy freelance writing career, a popular podcast and a recently released novel. (I wasn’t kidding when I said she was killing it!) Every podcast ep Emma interviews a new creative from comedians to writers, tweeters and agents. Super interesting stuff and just some lovely chit-chat to listen to as you get through your day.
- My New Drink Bottle – Upping my water intake to at least 1.6 litres a day ain’t easy, but by golly I’m trying. This new water bottle is really lending a helping hand because it’s cute AF so I’m all about taking it everywhere with me and I know it’s 500ml so it’s easy to keep track of how much I’ve managed to guzzle.
- Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel – Ohhh-kay so I know I keep bangin’ on about how great this cleanser is but like, it is! I can’t get enough of how it leaves my skin feeling super clean without drying it out. I recently ran out of this gel-gold and already have a new one on the way. One of my ‘if you were on a dessert island’ products!
- Sheet Masks – Sheet masks are just so bloody fuss free, plus they are much gentler on the skin then your usual clay-based face mask. Read more about why I am currently coveting sheet masks right here.
- Sin by MAC – The colder the weather, the deeper the lip I say! Sin by MAC has been getting quite a workout over this cold period because I adore the deep, blue-toned red hue and the vampy look it conjures.
- Wood Oven Pizzas – Am I the only one who thinks pizza and cold weather are the best combination evaaaa? I’ve been gobbling down all the authentic Italian style pizza I can get my hands on and one of my favourites has been from a new pizza joint in McLaren Vale called Pizzateca. Super authentic pizzas with super fresh ingredients. I think McLaren Vale might be seeing a bit more of this girl in the next few months!
What are you guys currently loving? I’d love to hear!
Until next time…That’s what she said.