So you’ve hit a nice little relationship groove. You’re comfortable. You’re content. You’re able to serve up a hefty air biscuit without complete mortification. That’s great! I’m happy for you. But please, I beg of you, don’t let the increased comfort levels lead to spending every night at home with your loved one; picking your toenails and watching Stranger Things (sometimes it’s okay though because that show is the bomb DOT com).
Looking for some hot date ideas? You’ve come to the right place my friend because here are 27 of ‘em. Now get dating lovebirds!
- Hit a scenic walking trail – Exercise and beautiful views plus if one of you gets bitten by a snake, the near death experience is likely to bring you much closer together (if you make it).
- Head to the drive-in – Because if it’s good enough for Danny and Sandy, it’s good enough for you.
- World cuisine night – Take turns choosing a restaurant that serves a cuisine you rarely eat. It’s a fun way to try something new! Hot tip: Ethiopian is a bloody delish place to start.
- Arcade battles – Let your competitive streak come out and watch your partner ponder whether maybe you’re not the right person for them after all. For 20 bucks each you can spend a good few hours battling it out in car racing, deer shooting and the all mighty air hockey. It’s the best PG-rated fun going ‘round!
- Check out an unexplored neighborhood – Heard of a fantastic nosh joint in an area you are yet to explore? Make a day of it and spend some time pottering around the streets, popping into shops and seeing what the area has to offer.
- Road trip to the country – Ultimate baked goods, primo op-shopping and ace cruising beats. Need I say more?
- Bunker in for a themed movie marathon with accompanying snacks – We nailed some Harry Potter whilst nibbling down some canary creams (Arnotts Shortbread Creams), dragon roasted nuts (Charlesworth nut mix) and Chocolate frogs (Haigh’s chocolate frogs of course!).
- Hold hands and watch the sunset. – There’s something super lovely about getting a good possie, holding hands and watching that big fireball set.
- Run some errands – Okay so errands are a total bore but why not do them together and have some fun while you’re at it? Each person chooses 3 errands they need to complete. Spend the day James Bonding the shit out of them and see how efficiently you can tick them off the list. Teamwork 4 the win!
- Netflix in bed – Okay, okay so sometimes it’s nice to snuggle in bed and nail some Netflix. Check out my recent post 7 Top Picks for a Netflix Night In for some ideas.
- Head to the beach for some fish n’ chips – Where can you find the best fish and chips in town? That’s right, the beach. The view is okay too I suppose.
- Take a class – Choose something neither of you have tried and revel in the thrill of leaning a new skill! I’d love to try a pottery class or a cheese making class. That would be a gouda one. BOOM.
- Off to market – The number of markets happening on any given Saturday or Sunday are off the hizzle! Pick one and see what it’s all about.
- Head out for a shwanky breakfast – In today’s overpriced breakfast world, why not up the ante and book breakie at a special occasion spot? In my experience, it only works out a touch more expensive than your standard place but it’s also a touch more spesh. Extra points if you order a breakfast cocktail!
- DIY bar crawl – Find a recent article detailing new bars in your area, choose five bars that are all walking distance and have a drink at each! Add a little excitement by printing off a map and dotting out a trail. Try not to loose said map after the third drink.
- Go see a gig– Checking out a band neither of you have heard of can be a little on the risky side but I like to get wild like that sometimes. There’s plenty of cheap ticket options around town and if the band is av, at least there’s a bar!
- Board game night – Man I love me some board games! Make a wager to up the excitement levels, something like ‘the loser has to cook breakfast tomorrow morning.’
- Picnic in the park – Pack a picnic basket and spend the day chillin’ on a tartan rug. If you’re feeling super lovey dovey bring along a book and read to each other. DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any severe cases of nausea suffered by onlookers observing this sickly display.
- Cook up a meal together – Decide on a time consuming or elaborate dish and spend the night cooking together then devouring your hard work. Maybe pizza with homemade dough or a delicious roast?
- Eat the best – Choose a type of food that you both love and Google where to find the best one in your city. Then go and eat that beautiful morsel and pat yourselves on the back for finding it.
- Try couples yoga – This ought to cause some LOLS.
- Cheese plate shopping and eating – Curating an epic cheese plate can take some serious thought and good taste. Hit the shops and buy up a great selection of cheese, quince paste, grapes, nuts and whatever the hell else ya’ feeling then bung it on a platter and be impressed! Eating it is also an option.
- Visit some wineries – Wineries are always so stunning and many of them serve up exquisite food. Why not spend the day soaking up the views and soaking up the premium wines with a luxurious long lunch? One of the best ways to spend a day!
- Spend some time spectating – Pick a sport, any sport, and go watch a game. Cheer your voice off, bask in the charged up atmosphere and gobble down a bucket of crispy hot chips.
- Have a crack at rock climbing – Strap yourselves into a harness and work those arms. Nothing says ‘I trust you’ like putting your life in the hands of your partner. Just remember, never let go of the rope!
- Do a degustation – Nothing screams romance like three hours of eating followed by three hours of talking about how full you are. Eight plates will do that to ya!
Aaaannnnnd I’m out.
Suggest some of these to your partner and watch them be blown away by your creativity and enthusiasm for doing fun things with them. Feel free to add any other ideas in the comments!
Until next time…That’s what she said.